The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
08/31/2011 at 11:05 AM EDT
After much speculation, uncertainty and even criticism
over how The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
would return to TV following the recent suicide
of Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong's estranged husband, Russell, Bravo has reached a decision about the upcoming premiere: the show will go on.
"Bravo will proceed with the Monday, September 5 premiere date of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
," Bravo Media President Frances Berwick said in a statement.
"Given that these episodes were filmed months ago, the producers of the show taped a brief interview this week with several cast members to introduce the premiere," the statement continues. "Re-editing of the episodes is still underway."
It was previously reported
that Armstrong's costars – Lisa Vanderpump, Camille Grammer, Kyle and Kim Richards, and Adrienne Maloof – sat down to address the suicide for a special episode of the show. Armstrong did not participate in the taping, according to the reports.
Berwick also said in the statement that Bravo will air public service announcements during the premiere's broadcast to raise awareness of suicide prevention. Information and resources, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, will also be added to the network's Web site, Bravotv.com
"Our thoughts continue to be with the Armstrong family during this difficult time," Berwick said.