Gulp! Rottweiler Swallows Spoon – and Lives
The 10-year-old pooch from Wakefield, England, underwent emergency surgery to remove the teaspoon, which measured 5 inches long and was lodged inside his stomach.
"I have never seen a dog that's eaten a teaspoon before, although we do see lots of odd things that dogs have eaten, such as socks and children's toys," veterinary surgeon Daniel Cook told the Yorkshire Evening Post".
The dog's owner, Annette Robertshaw, is happy to report that Max has fully recovered from the ordeal – and he can't seem to stomach strawberries anymore.
"He doesn't seem to be too interested in strawberries lately," Robertshaw said. "We don't feed him anything on a spoon any more just in case."