Jimmy Kimmel Announces Emmy Awards Nomination in Pajamas
07/19/2012 AT 10:05 AM EDT
That's because Kimmel, who replaced Nick Offerman late Wednesday night, was a hoot while delivering the news alongside Scandal star Kerry Washington. She stepped up to the podium at the Television Academy's Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in Los Angeles in a pretty white, flowered top with her hair slicked back. Kimmel, on the other hand, was disheveled in lavender pajamas.
Here are the Emmy host's best lines:
"This is a sex dream, isn't it?"
– Looking confused, Kimmel stepped onto the stage and cracked a joke about being a last-minute replacement for Nick Offerman
"This could be just as good at noon, really."
– Joking about the announcement's early hour – since the nominations are revealed live from Los Angeles at 5:40 a.m. PST
"This is from the husky baby collection. Thank you for asking."
– In response to Kerry Washington's question ("Who are you wearing?") about his sleepwear
"Only old people get up this early I guess."
– Commenting on loud cheers for Betty White's nomination as outstanding host for a reality or reality competition program
"Should I give a speech now or what? How does this work?"
– Reacting to his own nomination for outstanding variety series for ABC late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live
The 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards, hosted by Kimmel, will air Sunday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. ET on ABC, from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.