Chicken PiccataServes 4
Olive oil cooking spray
8 boneless, skinless, thin-cut chicken cutlets (2 lbs.)
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp. water
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
4 thin lemon slices
3 tbsp. drained nonpareil capers
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Generously coat a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat pan over high heat. Cook 2 or 3 cutlets at a time until lightly browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken, coating pan with cooking spray between batches.
4. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the dissolved arrow-root or corn-starch and whisk until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Return chicken to the pan with rosemary, lemon slices and capers; gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and divide among 4 plates.
5. Add butter to sauce in pan and cook over high heat until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon about ½ cup sauce over each plate. Serve.