Teresa Giudice and her husband, Joe, appeared in federal court in Newark, N.J., Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to fraud.
The Real Housewives of New Jersey
stars were charged last month in a 39-count indictment
with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and bankruptcy fraud.
The couple – who are out on $500,000 bail
each – are accused of exaggerating their income when applying for loans and then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing.
Teresa's lawyer Henry Klingeman says that his client is "strong" and that the couple's four daughters
"are holding up well and hopefully will continue to do so."
"They are doing well as a family," Klingeman says, adding that Teresa "is trying to do the things that any good mother would do under the circumstances."
Feinstein reveals that the pair will appear on the Real Housewives
live reunion – "That's a definite" – and that despite the stress of the situation the 41-year-old and her husband "are going to go on with their lives."
The next trial date is Oct. 8, with a pre-trial hearing Oct. 3.
Reporting by EMILY STROHM