Either way, chill out with these adult popsicles created by celebrity mixologist Rob Floyd, who uses Basil Hayden's whiskey because its low 80 proof allows the alcohol to freeze when mixed with other liquids. Cool!
Berry American PopsicleMakes 6 popsicles
7 parts bourbon
1½ parts elderflower syrup
2 parts water
2 parts fresh lime juice
4 to 5 strawberries, medium size
1. Poke a hole in each blueberry, and soak in four parts of bourbon for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add the strawberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add the fresh lime juice, elderflower syrup, remaining bourbon and water to the cocktail shaker. Shake hard.
3. Add the mixture to the popsicle molds. Add three bourbon-soaked blueberries to each mold and freeze.
Spiced Chocolate Independence PopsicleMakes 6 popsicles
2 parts bourbon
16 parts low-fat milk
1½ parts unsweetened chocolate
1½ parts sugar
1 bar of dark chocolate (4 oz. bar)
4 to 5 dashes chipotle chili pepper
1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, unsweetened chocolate, sugar and dark chocolate. Warm the mixture, and stir continuously until all of the ingredients are combined. (Do not boil.) Remove it from heat and let cool.
2. Add bourbon and chipotle chili pepper and stir.
3. Add to the popsicle mold and freeze.