Winter is here, and with it comes a new trailer for the upcoming season of Game of Thrones.
All the characters are back – except for a few ill-fated wedding guests – in this clip for the show's fourth season. The trailer was released Sunday and is quickly racking up views from eager fans ready for more drama between the Starks, Lannisters and other power-hungry residents of Westeros.
This peek is packed with hints of what lies ahead, but there are a few story lines that stand out from the rest. Here are the scenes that have us shaking in our pelts with anticipation:
1. The Stark Sisters Are Doing It for Themselves: Arya and Sansa are still stranded in a world where the Lannisters' dirty deeds are lurking at every turn. Luckily, the Stark girls aren't scared easily and season 4 looks to hold new hope.
2. Jamie is Back with a Brand-New Hand: Season 3 concluded with the withered Kingslayer dropping in on his dear sister. Now, Jamie Lannister has had a few baths, met with a prosthesis expert, and is ready to return to his golden boy status.
3. Joffrey King Whiner: The reign of Westeros's brattiest king continues, but not all is peaceful at King's Landing (Is it ever?). Here's hoping Joffrey's time as king is as uncomfortable as it appears here.
4. Jon Snow and Ygritte Breakup Blues: Last season Jon Snow broke Ygritte's heart, and she shot him full of arrows. The breakup continues with Ygritte's Wildlings trying to breach the wall for a chance at the other side.
5. Daenerys and her Dragons Dominate: The dragons are getting bigger and so is Khalessi's army. After taking over Yunkai, Daenerys Targaryen is finally prepared to reclaim the throne.
Game of Thrones returns to HBO April 6 (9 p.m. ET).
RELATED: See Daenerys Golden Globe Style and more Red Carpet Fashion – Click Here!
Richard Shotwell / Invision / AP