Below, the six most important things we learned about Gellar from her Q&A session.
1. She has three favorite Buffy episodesThey are:
"The Prom": "I thought it just encapsulated the show so well. So beautiful and heartbreaking."
"Hush": "Not just the scariest episode we've ever done, but the challenge to do a silent episode – I thought it would be easy, but it was way harder."
"The Body": "Beyond difficult and heart-wrenching to shoot. I don't know if many people know this, but my entire first scene was all done in one take."
2. She has settled the Spike vs. Angel debate for all timeShould Buffy have ended up with a bad-boy vampire with a heart of gold, or an even badder-boy vampire with a heart of gold? Gellar ended the discussion with one word: "ANGEL."
3. Her Thursday was pretty crappyMercury is in retrograde, and it's causing a lot of problems for Gellar this week. "I spilled my cold medicine all over my car, which I just had detailed," she explained. Then it got worse. "Then I locked my keys in a place in the car where keys go and are never found again." Thankfully, she spent the rest of the day hanging out with fans, which cheered her up.
4. There's only one place she doesn't like meeting fansFor starring in such a cult favorite, Gellar doesn't have very many stories of creepy fan encounters. "It's usually a very exciting experience," she wrote, "except when it happens in the bathroom. I prefer it not to happen there."
5. She loves to collect rare booksShe may have played the Slayer on TV, but in real life, Gellar has more in common with Giles, amassing a collection of rare volumes full of arcane knowledge. That and Dr. Seuss.
"I have a complete collection of first-edition Arthur Rackhams, which is one of my prized possessions. And also my first edition Harry Potters," she explained. "Eventually I want to own every first-edition Dr. Seuss."