Scarlett Johansson (left) and Dylan Farrow
Startraks; Frances Silver
03/17/2014 AT 12:35 PM EDT
is speaking about the Woody Allen
scandal, calling Dylan Farrow
's open letter slamming stars who have worked with the director "irresponsible."
"I think it's irresponsible to take a bunch of actors that will have a Google alert on and to suddenly throw their name into a situation that none of us could possibly knowingly comment on," Johansson told The Guardian in an interview
published Saturday. "That just feels irresponsible to me."
Johansson, 29, collaborated with Allen for three critically acclaimed films: Match Point
and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
She was mentioned in February when Farrow, 28, penned an open letter
for The New York Times
detailing her assertion that Allen, her adoptive father, sexually assaulted her when she was 7-years-old.
"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett
? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone
? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?" Farrow wrote.
But Johansson defended her collaborations with Allen, saying "it would be ridiculous" to change their relationship based on Farrow's claims.
"I'm unaware that there's been a backlash. I think he'll continue to know what he knows about the situation, and I'm sure the other people involved have their own experience with it," Johansson told The Guardian.
"It's not like this is somebody that's been prosecuted and found guilty of something, and you can then go, 'I don't support this lifestyle' or whatever. I mean, it's all guesswork."