- "The princess demanded perfection -- and only the best would do. When she shouted, you'd go away with your tail between your legs and think about it. There's only one boss in a situation, and she was the boss."
- In the months before Diana and Prince Charles separated in 1992, "the princess suffered a lot in silence. There were the most terrible lows."
- Charles "is a good man, but no one can understand the complexities of a relationship."
- Dodi Fayed, the man who died with Diana in the Paris car crash, was "a very kind, generous, attentive young man, but whether or not they were going to get married, that's another thing. I have no knowledge of any plans." (Fayed's father, Mohamed Al Fayed, has said repeatedly that the two had planned to marry.)
- Burrell said he met Diana when she was 19 and a guest at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, where he worked for Queen Elizabeth II. Diana was lost in the corridors and he helped her find her room, said the Mail.