Caught slightly off-guard by the humongous ratings of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" during an 18-night run that ended last week, ABC executives are now said to be mulling over the questions of whether or not to bring the quiz show back as a regular series and, if so, how often to run it. "We really believe we're in a win-win situation no matter what we do here," Lloyd Braun, ABC Entertainment co-chairman, told the Associated Press on Tuesday. Meanwhile, CBS' top executive, Leslie Moonves, tried to steal some of ABC's thunder, saying in a conference call with reporters that he had heard "Millionaire" will begin airing regularly on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays starting in January.
- CBS, by the way, is planning a "Millionaire" spin-off (rip-off?) of its own, reports Variety. Fox already started "Greed." Now CBS has entered into an agreement with Celador Prods., the British brains behind the original "Millionaire," to produce a U.S. version of another Brit hit, "Winning Lines."