A Paris court said on Tuesday that it will not reopen the investigation into the 1997 car crash that killed Princess Diana, her companion Dodi Fayed and their driver, Henri Paul, according to judicial sources. A lower court had previously decided to dismiss charges against news photographers who were following the car that crashed in a Paris tunnel on Aug. 31, 1997, ruling that alcohol, drugs, and excessive speed had caused the crash. But Fayed's father, Egyptian-born tycoon Mohamed Al Fayed, and the family of the driver, Henri Paul, had asked the court to reconsider the ruling. Lawyers for Al Fayed said they would appeal to France's highest court, according to the Associated Press.
On Newsstands Now
- Angelina: Inside Her Brave Choice
- New Details on the Ohio Three
- Prince Harry Takes America!
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine