Don Johnson: Facing Sexual Accusation

updated 04/21/2004 at 12:00 AM EDT

originally published 05/25/1998 12:00AM

"Nash Bridges" star Don Johnson, 51, has been accused of making lewd comments to a woman at a sushi bar, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. The unnamed woman reportedly told authorities that on Jan. 20, she ran into Johnson en route to the restroom at Mas Sake, a Bay Area restaurant, and the actor grabbed her and made inappropriate comments about her chest. The Chronicle reports that the woman claims that she called him a "disgusting pig" and while hurrying to get back to her table, she stumbled and scraped her elbow and knee. Johnson's attorney denied the charges, saying, "What I know about the evening is that probably 25 women came up to Don, and that happens wherever he goes." This is not Johnson's first time dealing with a claim like this. In 1997, he faced sexual harassment charges by two female employees who said he harassed them while they worked on the "Nash Bridges" set. Johnson had previously sued the women for defamation and accused them of trying to extort $1.5 million in exchange for them not going forward with the sexual harassment suit. An out-of-court settlement was reached and the suits were dropped.

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners