Assault Charge for 'Survivor' Hatch
Flamboyant "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch, 40, pleaded innocent to a domestic assault charge after allegedly pushing a former domestic partner who reputedly attempted to force his way into Hatch's home near Providence, R.I. On Tuesday, reports the Providence Journal, Hatch sought a restraining order against Glenn Boyanowski when he was informed that an arrest warrant had been issued for him, said Hatch's attorney, Christopher Behan. Hatch subsequently turned himself in, then was released on $1,000 personal recognizance. He also was granted a temporary restraining order against Boyanowski. "He's taking it in stride," Behan told the Associated Press. "He's extremely disappointed, but I think he realizes that this guy is trying to take advantage of him." Without elaborating, Boyanowski told the Journal, "My version of the story is different than his." Hatch was arrested in April 2000 on a charge of abusing his then 9-year-old son by allegedly grabbing him and forcing him to exercise. That charge was later dropped. His next court appearance in this current skirmish is set for Sept. 7, while in November, a segment featuring Hatch looking for a new partner will air on the syndicated TV series "Blind Date."
On Newsstands Now
- Angelina: Inside Her Brave Choice
- New Details on the Ohio Three
- Prince Harry Takes America!
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine