'Survivor' 's Hatch Gets Year's Probation
Former $1 million "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch, 40, now a Boston radio host, was sentenced to a year's probation on Monday for domestic assault against his former boyfriend. "It's a ludicrous ruling, and I'm not sure what's behind the judge's personal reasons for it, but it's certainly not objective," Hatch, who says that he plans to appeal, told Rhode Island's WPRO-AM radio. Hatch's former boyfriend, Glenn Boyanowski, accused him of assaulting him last month. Hatch said the altercation, which took place on the front steps of his Middletown, R.I., home, began when Boyanowski attempted to force himself inside. In other news of "Survivor," whose third version begins airing on Oct. 11 on CBS (unless events in world news pre-empts it), the pending military conflict in the Middle East is said to have network executives and show producers rethinking their choice of location for the future "Survivor IV." According to the Survivornews.com Web site and noted by New York's Daily News, Jordan, the original location, is out, and Tahiti may very likely be in. CBS, in keeping with the confidential nature of the reality-based program, would not comment.
On Newsstands Now
- Angelina: Inside Her Brave Choice
- New Details on the Ohio Three
- Prince Harry Takes America!
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine