Michael Jackson, Dick Clark Make Up
01/07/2002 AT 01:00 AM EST
A peace settlement has been worked out between Michael Jackson and Dick Clark, who is producing the 29th annual American Music Awards, which will take place this Wednesday, reports Reuters. The two icons had been at odds over the Gloved One's appearance at the event, where he is scheduled to accept an award for being the artist of the century. Jackson, 43, has now agreed to appear on the show, said a spokesman for Clark, though the artist of the century will not perform. Last month, Clark, 72, filed a $10 million lawsuit against the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences' president, Michael Greene, whose organization oversees the Grammys. Clark charged that the Grammys engaged in unfair competition against his show by prohibiting artists from appearing on both programs. Jackson had originally agreed to take part in the AMAs but allegedly withdrew because of what Clark claimed was Greene's policy. (The lawsuit is proceeding.) Greene told Reuters that he never sought to stop Jackson from accepting his award on the rival show. He also said that he is hoping to entice Jackson, whose "You Rock My World" is nominated for male pop vocal performance, to perform on the Grammys, Feb. 27.