Backstreet Boy Deals With His Arrest
Backstreet Boy Nick Carter has cut a deal with prosecutors to clear him of a charge of resisting arrest after a Jan. 2 Florida bar brawl, reports the St. Petersburg Times. As part of a pre-trial intervention program, says the paper, the 22-year-old will serve a period of probation, perform community service and pay an undisclosed fine. Carter had been led away in handcuffs and charged with resisting or opposing an officer without violence after he refused police orders to vacate a Tampa nightclub. (Carter grew up and lives in the area.) The police said that Carter had been arguing with a woman as the Pop City nightspot was closing and that the officers had ordered the musician to leave the premises 10 times -- once being warned that he would be busted if he remained after "the count of three." Though he was cuffed and placed in the backseat of a squad car, Carter was never taken to jail. After the incident, Carter said in a statement released by his handlers, "I truly believe my celebrity motivated the officer to arrest me."
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: The Time of My Life!
- 45 Pages of Oscar!
- The Pistorius Trial: Why Did He Kill Her?
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine