Affleck Off the Hook in North Carolina
10/09/2003 AT 10:00 AM EDT
Authorities there have dismissed an arrest warrant against the famously affianced actor after saying they found no evidence to support a woman's claim that he threatened to kill her, the Associated Press reports.
The woman, Tara Ray, took out a citizen's warrant against Affleck, 31, on Sunday, claiming he followed her as she drove home from Raleigh, N.C., on Sept. 25 and then called her and threatened to "blow your (expletive) head off." She also claimed she had been in a relationship with the "Pearl Harbor" star since February 2002.
But a North Carolina district attorney said Tuesday that he dropped the warrant because Kure Beach police had tried unsuccessfully to contact Ray, and because there was no credible evidence that Affleck had even been to Kure Beach. He added that officials had no plans to file charges against her.
Earlier this week, Affleck's spokesman in New York, Ken Sunshine, had described Ray's allegation as "absurd and defamatory. He has no idea who this woman is."
Sunshine also said Affleck was at his home near Savannah, Ga., on the day in question and that there were "probably at least 50 paparazzi" who could attest to that fact.