PREPARED: Ray Romano, 46, told reporters he is "almost sure" his hit CBS sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," will continue for a final season, albeit for an abbreviated run, next year. "We're going to try to make it happen ... but how many episodes we don't know yet." Romano and show producer Phil Rosenthal had been threatening to call it quits.
QUOTED: "I took my mom. She ripped off so much stuff. She's got a problem. It was like Winona visits the White House. She went crazy." -- David Spade, 39, on his mother Judy Todd's visit to the Executive Mansion
EXPRESSED: Hollywood heavyweight Mel Gibson, 48, speaking of President Bush, has told FOX News Channel's "Hannity and Colmes" conservative host Sean Hannity, in a radio interview to air Tuesday: "I am having doubts, of late. It all has to do with these weapons of mass destruction that he claims." Nevertheless, Hannity told NBC News that he thinks Gibson will still vote for Bush.
MET: Jim Caviezel, 35, who plays Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ," had an audience with Pope John Paul II on Monday, the Vatican has confirmed. The meeting was described as brief, and the Pope reportedly blessed the devoutly Catholic actor. Caviezel's wife and parents-in-law also were present.
CONFIRMED: "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Passion of the Christ" Italian actress Monica Bellucci, 39, and her husband of nearly five years, "Shrek" actor Vincent Cassel, 37 (he voiced the role of Monsieur Hood), are expecting their first child, "due in the fall," her publicist tells New York's Daily News. Bellucci played Mary Magdalene in "The Passion."
REPLACED: "Barbershop 2: Back in Business" star Cedric the Entertainer, 39, has stepped up to replace the previously announced Justin Timberlake as co-host, with Lionel Richie, of ABC's "Motown 45" special. The special will tape at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on April 4 and is tentatively scheduled to air sometime in May, reports the Associated Press. Timberlake reputedly dropped out because of a conflict with filming his first movie, "Edison."
DROPPED: A federal judge has dismissed the lawsuit against "Bachelor" Bob Guiney, filed by the producer of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette " and others involved in the shows, reports the Smoking Gun Web site. Producers sued claiming that Guiney broke his contract and hurt the ABC show's credibility by releasing and promoting his own music CD, titled "3 Sides," soon after his appearance on the show.
CAST: Five-time world boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard, 47, is stepping back into the ring, this time with "Rocky" star Sylvester Stallone, 57, for "Survivor" and "The Apprentice" producer Mark Burnett's upcoming NBC reality show called "The Contender," in which contestants compete in a $1 million boxing competition, reports Reuters. The show is tentatively scheduled to premiere in January.