WEEK IN REVIEW: Courtney Charged Anew

03/12/2004 AT 01:00 PM EST

LOVE CHARGE: Although Courtney Love's trial (for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance) has been postponed for a month pending results of a drug test, prosecutors in L.A. filed a new charge of disorderly conduct against the rocker. An earlier postponement of the case occurred last month, when Love, 39, fired her attorney at the last minute, saying, "He wanted me to plead guilty to something I didn't do."

NO "SEX": Despite recent talk of plans for a movie version of HBO's hit series "Sex and the City," starring Sarah Jessica Parker and her pals, the show's executive producer, Michael Patrick King, has now declared: "Nothing we did in the series was altered to save something for the movie," the Associated Press reported. So don't bet on seeing a big-screen version of "Sex," King said at the U.S. Comedy Festival in Aspen. "This is exactly the way we wanted to end the series," he said of the show's Feb. 22 finale. "We're proud of what we did."

GRAY TRAGEDY: Authorities in New York confirmed that a body of a man pulled from the East River last weekend was that of "Swimming to Cambodia" actor-writer Spalding Gray. The discovery, made Monday with the help of medical X-rays and dental records, came almost two months to the day after Gray, 62, walked out of his apartment in Lower Manhattan and simply vanished. The cause of his death was still under investigation, though it was thought to have been a suicide.

PETERSON JURY: In a reportedly heated courtroom argument, Scott Peterson's attorney Mark Geragos declared that the first round of prospective juror responses to a lengthy questionnaire revealed such bias against his client that the court should consider a second change of venue. Peterson, 31, is charged with murdering his pregnant wife, Laci, and their unborn son on Christmas Eve 2002 in the couple's Modesto home. Geragos's arguments came barely two months after a judge moved the case from Laci's hometown of Modesto, Calif., to Redwood City. Jury selection is expected to take a month.

RICH BRITS: In a new British survey of the richest entertainers, the big winner is ex-Beatle Paul McCartney, who supposedly has amassed a fortune greater than the combined wealth of Elton John, Mick Jagger and Madonna combined: $1.3 billion, according to the Mail on Sunday's Rich Report 2004. In the British male star sweepstakes, Sean Connery, 73, tops the list, with an estimated $120 million bank account, Reuters reports. In the women's division, with an estimated $81.8 million, Tracey Ullman, who lives in America, is reportedly richer than Catherine Zeta-Jones ($54.5 million) and "Weakest Link" TV host Anne Robinson.

From Our Partners