– Hugh Jackman, on how his 4-year-old son, Oscar, was more impressed when Dad won his Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for best burp than when Van Helsing hit No. 1
"I thought I was going to be a zoologist or a marine biologist. But the -ologist of it all didn't sound like such a good time for me."
– Shrek 2's Cameron Diaz, to Oprah Winfrey, on becoming an actress instead of a scientist
"I did most of high school online through Stanford University, in the education department for gifted youth, but I don't like to call it that because I think everyone is gifted in their own way."
– 17-year old Emmy Rossum, who stars in The Day After Tomorrow
"The only reason I ever started singing is 'cause I wanted to own a Krispy Kreme donut shop. I mean, after I did that, I'm done. As a kid, that was my wish.'
– Usher, to Ellen DeGeneres
"I just had to forget about the fact that I would upset billions of female fans around the world if I disfigured him. I had to somehow put that out of my mind."
– Eric Bana, on filming battle scenes with Brad Pitt in Troy
"Big Tom's question to me was, 'Why should I give you a million dollars?' And in my heart, what I wanted to say was, 'Because I told you to. And you've done everything I told you to do all game long.' "
– Survivor: All-Stars' Rob Mariano, on bending his competitor's will
"It's very difficult to purposely make yourself something completely other than what (fashion magazines) think you should be. It did make me extremely self-conscious, which is stupid."
– Keira Knightley, on bulking up for her role as warrior queen Guinevere in King Arthur, due out July 7
"Here's big news from the world of showbiz ... Jennifer Lopez is getting married again. That's right. The young man's name: very popular singer, Marc Anthony, yes. No date has been set for the divorce."
– David Letterman, on rumors that Lopez was headed to the altar again
"I'm proud to be a pain their arse ... In case the FCC is listening, arse is an Irish word."
– U2 frontman Bono, referring to the U.S. government's reprimand after he dropped the F-bomb during a Golden Globes broadcast