–Halle Berry, to Oprah Winfrey, about her feelings after two failed marriages
"It takes people about a second to say, 'Don't I know you? Have I seen you at a party?' "
– Saved!'s Macaulay Culkin, on having a familiar face after being a child star
"(He said) that I'm screaming hot? I think his body is a wonderland and tell him thank you, thank you, thank you!"
– ER's Maura Tierney, after being told that musician John Mayer called her "screaming hot"
"I'm a short, bald, over-the-hill figure skater who had to negotiate his high school diploma. You think I'm going to impart wisdom?"
– Olympian Scott Hamilton, to the graduates of New York's Ithaca College
"I saw that movie Turner & Hooch at least 50 times. It took all my guts to go up to him. I was like, 'Can I have a picture?' He said, 'Are you kidding? I have my camera, too.' It was cool. It was like, 'Wow!' "
– Tennis champ Serena Williams, on meeting Tom Hanks at the Cannes Film Festival
"I love taking road trips and thought it would be fun to invite Superman along for the ride. I'm sure he misses a lot of scenic spots when flying at superspeed."
– Jerry Seinfeld, who costars with the superhero in online short films and TV commercials
"I have tons of moms come up to me. They're like, 'Thank you for not dressing like Britney Spears.' I'm just like, 'No problem!' "
– Avril Lavigne
More They Said What?
– Indie darling Jake Gyllenhaal, on starring in the big-budget flick The Day After Tomorrow