– Madonna, to 20/20
"On the first (Spider-Man movie), I was like an excited little monkey. I'm a passionate actor – maybe obnoxiously so."
– Tobey Maguire, star of Spider-Man 2, opening June 30
"I don't really know what dumb is, because I am not dumb. I am the kind of girl that is just, like, out of it. I don't pay attention to what is going on."
– Jessica Simpson
"No matter what you say afterwards, if you hit somebody in the face with a dodgeball, they're just not happy about it."
– Ben Stiller, on his marriage woes after hitting wife and Dodgeball costar Christine Taylor one too many times with the ball
"I said, 'Tom, I don't want to horn in on your party, but is there any room for me to direct this thing?'"
– Steven Spielberg, on working with Tom Hanks in The Terminal
"I think I said, 'Steven, you're the 'S' in DreamWorks SKG, so it's, uh, completely your call."
– Tom Hanks, recalling his reply to the director
"Much of it is like (the sitcom) Night Court, but I'm living through it. Honestly, you've just got to howl with laughter because people are crazy."
– Kim Basinger, on enduring a bankruptcy trial and a custody battle for her 8-year-old daughter, Ireland, with ex Alec Baldwin
More on AOL
– The Notebook star Ryan Gosling, on the best gift he's ever received