– Lindsay Lohan, who is dating 24-year-old Wilmer Valderrama, on turning 18 this month
"I didn't go and cheat the little people. We're all little people."
– Prison-bound Martha Stewart, to Barbara Walters
"After her sentencing, (Martha) Stewart urged people to show their support for her by subscribing to her magazine and buying her products. She then shook open an elegant, drab gray 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton bed sheet she said was from her new Big House line, and waved it over her head, screaming, 'Attica! Attica!' "
– Dennis Miller
"If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ...' if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men."
– California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, challenging Democratic members of the state's legislature over the budget quagmire
"I will never have somebody who walks around and opens the door for me all the time – unless it's my husband, because he's a gentleman. It's fun to have diva moments, but you also need to make sure you respect the people who get you there."
– Jessica Simpson, on the trappings of fame
"As soon as I read the script I was like, that's the best part. I want to be her."
– Manchurian Candidate star Denzel Washington, who secretly coveted the role of a scheming mother, played by Meryl Streep
"Something like 35 percent of the population who can vote doesn't. Now, if you told those people what clothes they had to put on, they'd be mad. If you told them what kind of car they had to drive, or what they had to eat for dinner, they wouldn't stand for it. But somebody is deciding what they eat and what they breathe and all that stuff ... I'm on a rant, aren't I?"
– Meryl Streep
"There must be some kind of mistake ... If only we had some kind of, I don't know, fact-checking apparatus, we could investigate this error. But we don't because we're fake."
– Jon Stewart, accepting a Television Critics Association award for The Daily Show in the category of news and information
More on AOL
– British actor Ian McShane, upon winning an award for his work on the network's drama Deadwood