– Reese Witherspoon, to Vanity Fair, on being a modest woman in Hollywood
"My truth is that I am a gay American."
– New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey, upon announcing his resignation from office
"It's not like I never wanted to see it. I was always running around and had no idea what times shows are on. So I watched the finale. I wanted to know what all the hype was about."
– Drea de Matteo, who will play Matt LeBlanc's sister on Joey, on missing Friends
"It was dynamite, man, better than sex. It's about time I got a little exercise."
– New York Dolls singer David Johansen, after the band's first U.S. performance in more than 30 years
"I guess a little bit of the pressure is off now."
– U.S. Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps, after taking bronze in a freestyle relay and thus ending his bid to beat Mark Spitz's gold-medal record
"I don't elicit the kind of reaction that Tom Cruise does. An alarming amount of people want to smoke pot with me. A lot of the things I've done, people who smoke a lot of pot find funny or entertaining. I wonder what that means?"
– Seth Green (Without a Paddle), on his fan base
"The jumping's not that hard. It's the landing that's difficult."
– Mission: Impossible veteran Tom Cruise, on the finer points of practicing motorcycle stunts
"I find it difficult to lunge into bed."
– Mike Wallace, responding to accusations that he "lunged" at a New York City traffic officer
More on AOL
– Tim McGraw, on making music