– Catwoman star Halle Berry
"Unfortunately, you become a celebrity if you become popular. I get more fans – some crazy – and paparazzi. I figure I let them take my picture and get on with my life."
– Wimbledon champ Maria Sharapova, 17, on her skyrocketing popularity
"I just don't want to play old. That's what I'm concerned about out there. I feel like if I can still play my tennis, then I'm proud of that."
– Andre Agassi, 34, denying he'll retire after his 19th consecutive year at the U.S. Open
"People sometimes have to correct my English. I knew I had a problem when Arnold Schwarzenegger started doing it."
– George W. Bush, accepting his party's nomination at the Republican National Convention
"Maybe he'll change his mind about gay marriage. He's certainly not going to leave feeling more right-winged."
– John Waters, on the rumor that the President and First Lady might catch a performance of his campy musical Hairspray
"If he was my own personal representative (as an American), he would be fired."
–Sopranos star Edie Falco, on President Bush
"I wanted something that would strike up controversy. You can't not vote. People have died to have that right."
– P. Diddy, on his "Vote or Die" campaign slogan
"Our choice wasn't between a benign status quo and the bloodshed of war. It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents. And certainly not a disingenuous filmmaker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace, when in fact it was a place of indescribable cruelty, torture chambers, mass graves."
– Sen. John McCain, blasting Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11
"Thank you, John McCain. The film's doing $120 million. (Now) I have a chance to do $150 million?. I felt bad that McCain got set up by the Bush people to comment on a film he hasn't seen. Anytime McCain wants a screening, I'd be happy to do that because I think he'd like it."
– Michael Moore
"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not, and does not, view this incident the same way I did."
– Kobe Bryant, in a statement after criminal rape charges against him were dismissed.
More on AOL
– Gwen Stefani, on her album due this fall
"I'm not into breakfast in bed. I don't want to spoil anyone else's fun, but I don't like waking up with an English Muffin up my ass."
– David Duchovny