They Said What? for Oct. 19, 2004
– Finding Neverland's Johnny Depp, on his dedicated fan base
"The reality is I have had two children in four years, and the only time my weight goes up and down is when I'm pregnant, which happens."
– Depp's costar Kate Winslet, answering the speculation in the British press that she has been dieting
"Going and going and going is all I've ever known since I was 15 years old. It's amazing what advisors will push you to do, even if it means taking a naive, young blonde girl and putting her on the cover of every magazine."
– Britney Spears, in a letter to fans on her Web site
"If you're going to do something like getting married, it should have a sense of celebration to it. It should be grand – it doesn't have to be in tracksuits."
– Marilyn Manson, who plans to wed fiancée Dita Von Teese in a Gothic German castle, dissing Britney Spears's nuptial style
"It's like Stephen King meets Melrose Place."
– Ellen DeGeneres, describing one of her new favorite shows, ABC's plane crash-survivor drama Lost
"If anyone walks out of this movie ... thinking about voting a different way, then they're f---ing stupid and shouldn't be voting. If this movie makes you think that much, you're too weak-kneed to vote."
– Matt Stone, co-creator of Team America – World Police
"The tattoos, the blood, cutting myself – it's all very much who I am."
– Angelina Jolie, whom Esquire deemed the Sexiest Woman Alive
"If your idea of confronting me is that I don't ask hard-hitting enough news questions, we're in bad shape, fellas."
– Comedian Jon Stewart, to Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala, on CNN's Crossfire
"Can you tell I had a great weekend? Can you tell? I had my first conjugal visit with Martha Stewart."
– David Letterman