10/19/2004 at 11:00 AM EDT
"It's not hard to find volunteers to go to the Da Mario Pizza (in London) and eat the garlic bread with you."
– Renée Zellweger, to Oprah, on the support she got while gaining 30 lbs. for her role in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
"I spent a lot of time going to parties and just spending time with girls."
– Zellweger's costar Hugh Grant, on how he "researched" his role in the film
"I would like to be proud of what I do more than I would like it to be a blockbuster. Rarely do the two overlap."
– Ben Affleck, whose Surviving Christmas may be another in a string of box office flops
"I didn't know what to do so I thought I'd do a hoe-down."
– Ashlee Simpson, after her botched performance on Saturday Night Live
"I like the Yankees and the Mets. I don't want to alienate anyone."
– CSI: NY star Gary Sinise, keeping the peace with his New York fans
"Honey, I'm going to vote, and then I'm going to decorate my car with 'I voted' stickers."
– Surviving Christmas's Christina Applegate, on getting to the polls this year
"I can't live without sex. I'm like a full-on jungle animal."
– Billy Bob Thornton
"I initially wanted Kate Hudson to play me, but she's not as endowed as I am."
– Jenna Jameson, on who could (or could not) play her in the film version of her autobiography How to Make Love Like a Porn Star: A Cautionary Tale
"May cause drowsiness."
– Jon Stewart, on 60 Minutes, suggesting a slogan for the CBS news show