They Said What? for Nov. 9
"I think Pierce is just messing with me, causing me a lot of grief. I was doing a job in London last week and I arrived on the set every day and everyone was (humming the James Bond theme song)."
– Colin Farrell, on hearing that Pierce Brosnan wants him to step into his 007 tux
"I just want everyone to leave me alone – let me graduate. It's like I'm in college and you guys won't let me get my degree."
– Tara Reid, on being tabloid fodder once again when her left breast made an unexpected appearance at P. Diddy's 35th-birthday bash
"I've run a marathon, I did Broadway, signed on for a movie to do (Carlito's Way: The Beginning), won men's designer of the year, opened up a store on Fifth Avenue, got the youth vote out – and now it's my birthday."
– P. Diddy, reflecting on the year
"I thought he was such a cute boy."
– Nia Long, on meeting her costar and Alfie lothario Jude Law
"I'm like Imelda Marcos – I just have a thing about shoes."
– Kinsey's Liam Neeson
"I mean, when you open your newspaper and you see those ads – the best this, four stars that, I huckabee, bookabee, badabee – I don't know what any of these movies are about, but I think it all just looks like junk because every ad is saying the same thing."
– Lauren Bacall, on the quality of modern movies
"I am honored and quite proud that a class is being taught on my sensationalist lyrics, unique style and fashion and leadership role within the hip-hop community."
– Lil' Kim, who is the subject of an English course ("The Life and Times of Lil' Kim") at Syracuse University
"Elton John is in talks with ABC to produce a new sitcom. The show will be called The Real King of Queens."
– Conan O'Brien