They Said What? for November 16
11/16/2004 AT 06:00 AM EST
– Madonna, on Cameron Diaz's recent scuffle with a photographer
"Today after months of build-up and anticipation, Star Jones made history and became the first person ever to get married."
– Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey
"A meal, a shower and some ice cream/ Then I threw my man down, you know what I mean!"
– Britney Spears, on what she did on her honeymoon, as posted in a poem on her Web site
"I may be a redneck, but I'm also a lover of music. This is very exciting to come here and share all these genres of music."
– "Redneck Woman" singer Gretchen Wilson, upon winning breakthrough artist at the American Music Awards
"I feel I was definitely robbed ... I was the best new artist this year. I don't know if I'll be back at this award show next year."
– Kanye West, on his disappointment about losing to Wilson
"Russell inspired all of us with his spirit, wit, and tremendous heart. The world has lost a great talent, but we mourn the loss of our friend."
– Rock-A-Fella founder Damon Dash, upon hearing the news of rapper Old Dirty Bastard's death
"I was born to be a designer. I worked hard to be a tennis player; I don't work hard to be a designer."
– Former Wimbledon champ Serena Williams, on her clothing line
"We did not spoon, no. He has bad breath, actually."
– Pierce Brosnan, joking about a scene in After the Sunset in which he wakes up next to Woody Harrelson
"I'm very proud to be the woman to deflower him on film."
– Laura Linney, on being Topher Grace's first onscreen sex partner in their film ps