The Incredibles Zooms Past Polar Express
The two-week-old, critically lauded Incredibles, about a family of superheroes forced back into action, did nearly double the business of $170 million newcomer Polar Express, which drew bipolar reviews from critics.
In its first 10 days, The Incredibles has made an estimated $144.1 million, which equals the earnings for the same period of Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, which went on to gross $340 million last year.
The new heist flick After the Sunset, with Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek and Woody Harrelson, did so-so and ended up in third place, while a limited release of the lackluster sequel Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, with Renee Zellweger, came in fourth, followed by the clunky Seed of Chucky.
The weekend's Top 10, according to studio estimates, are as follows:
1. The Incredibles, $51 million
2. The Polar Express, $23.5 million
3. After the Sunset, $11.5 million
4. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, $8.9 million
5. Seed of Chucky, $8.8 million
6. Ray, $8.4 million
7. The Grudge, $7.1 million
8. Saw, $6.4 million
9. Shall We Dance? $4.1 million
10. Alfie, $2.8 million
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine