11/16/2004 at 02:25 PM EST
"I was okay with it. I think that Matt (Damon) was most shaken by it
because he campaigned hard. He put up a good fight."
– Two-time Sexiest Man Alive Brad Pitt, joking about his Ocean's Twelve costar being passed over for PEOPLE's choice this year, Jude Law
"(Fans) can say whatever they want to, but once they come close enough to touch you or throw something on you, you have the right to beat the hell out of them."
– Former NBA player and TNT commentator Charles Barkley, on the brawl that broke out between players and fans at a Pacers-Pistons game
"If other people have you in their mind as some sort of sex object, you have two choices: either to live up to it and become super-sexual or rebel against it and be super-asexual."
– Natalie Portman, who plays a stripper in Closer
"I want to get married young. I want to be a young mom."
– 18-year-old Lindsay Lohan, echoing the sentiments of young newlywed Britney Spears
"The worst was – this is bad, this is horrible – Alicia Wild ... I mean, that sounds like a stripper."
– Singer-pianist Alicia Keys (born Alicia Augello-Cook), to 60 Minutes, on changing her name to suit her profession
"I wanted to be Bob Dylan."
– Jon Bon Jovi, on his idea of low-key fame before he hit the big time 20 years and 100 million albums ago
"I have been on over 200 individual rides now. Not once has anyone recognized me, which is perfect for me."
– Former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, who is in training to become a paramedic
"I eventually hit a point where the running wasn't working anymore. It was more like stumbling."
– Christian Bale, on losing his strength as he dropped 63 lbs. for his role in The Machinist
"During his acceptance speech at the American Music Awards, OutKast's Big Boi paid tribute to former Wu-Tang Clan member Ol' Dirty Bastard. And that's this week's 'Story That Won't Make Sense to My Mom.' "
– Saturday Night Live "Weekend Update" co-anchor Amy Poheler