They Said What? for Tuesday, Dec. 14
– Jamie Foxx , who upon turning 37 became the first person to receive three Golden Globe acting nominations in the same year (for Ray, Collateral and the TV movie Redemption )
"Can you imagine going into a room with all of these guys? I felt like it was the first day of school."
– Catherine Zeta-Jones, on joining the male-dominated cast of the hit film Ocean's Twelve
"I was so embarrassed for all my teenage fans and my younger fans."
– Paris Hilton, to Barbara Walters, about the infamous sex tape that helped make the heiress one of the newswoman's "most fascinating people" this year
"Barbara Walters has named Paris Hilton one of the most fascinating people of 2004. ... In related news, 2004 has just been named one of the least fascinating years in history. "
– Dennis Miller
"I'm so glad that Regis hadn't yet made any New Year's plans."
– Dick Clark, who is turning over his annual Times Square duties to Regis Philbin this Dec. 31, after suffering a mild stroke
"It's the greatest temp job in the world."
– Regis Philbin, accepting the assignment
"The baby Jesus is fine."
– A spokesperson for Madame Tussauds in London, whose celebrity wax nativity display was vandalized
"I don't know exactly which culture gave us the fruitcake, but it should stop."
– Ellen DeGeneres, getting into the holiday spirit
"I've got Ed Harris's socks, and they smell, but I'm not washing them."
– Fan Bonnie Goodwin, who bought the actor's used footwear at a prop sale for HBO's Empire Falls in Maine
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine