People ExclusiveMia Farrow: A Trip to Darfur
In June, actress Mia Farrow returned from a weeklong trip to Darfur, the conflict-ravaged region in western Sudan, with images of "unthinkable suffering" – and a passion for the people who have survived. “The people I met, the stories I heard – all of it is seared into me,” Farrow, a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, tells PEOPLE. “I am not the same person anymore.” Here are her photos and recollections of her journey. By Joanne Fowler
Credit: Mia Farrow
Updated: Friday Jul 14, 2006 | 06:00 AM EDT
More from PEOPLE
- Halsey Wants 'to Be a Mom More Than a Pop Star' After Suffering Miscarriage
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Vine Star Hayes Grier Hospitalized After Car Accident
- Bette Midler Joins The Voice as Blake Shelton's Mentor
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Says 'Hardest Part' of Ed Hartwell Divorce Drama Is Impact on Her Stepson: 'He Deserves to Be a Big Brother'