Photo SpecialThen and Now: New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina
PEOPLE.com revisits the city – and its determined residents – four years after the devastating storm
Credit: Chris Usher
Updated: Thursday Aug 27, 2009 | 12:00 PM EDT
More from PEOPLE
- Hillary Clinton Has a Hot Nephew and the Internet Can't Get Over It
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Georgia Woman Allegedly Researched People Who Kill Their Families – Then Shot Daughter-in-Law: Police
- 'I Cried for an Hour': Sandy Hook Parents Return to 'Sacred Ground' at Site of School Massacre
- Jared Leto: Playing the Joker in Suicide Squad 'Was a Role of a Lifetime'