Scenes from Barack Obama's Ancestral Home in Kenya
President Obama's paternal family roots are in Kogelo, a rural town in western Kenya. In advance of POTUS's trip to Kenya this month, we're looking at the people and places in the African country who hold significance for the U.S. leader
Credit: Simon Maina/AFP/Getty
Updated: Thursday Jul 23, 2015 | 04:00 PM EDT By: Diana Pearl
More from PEOPLE
- Real Housewives of Miami's Alexia Echevarria Is 'Heartbroken Over the Sudden Passing' of Late Husband Herman Echevarria
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Who's Caroline Manzo's Most Stylish Son? The Manzo'd with Children Star Gets Candid!
- Princess Kate Braves the Canadian Rain in Her Favorite 12-Year-Old Boots!
- How a Young Campaign Staffer Battling Stage 4 Cancer Helped Hillary Clinton Decide Her VP