Scenes from Barack Obama's Ancestral Home in Kenya
President Obama's paternal family roots are in Kogelo, a rural town in western Kenya. In advance of POTUS's trip to Kenya this month, we're looking at the people and places in the African country who hold significance for the U.S. leader
Credit: Peter Macdiarmid/Getty
Updated: Thursday Jul 23, 2015 | 04:00 PM EDT By: Diana Pearl
More from PEOPLE
- FROM GOLF: Tiger Woods Pays Tribute to Arnold Palmer – 'It's Hard to Imagine Golf Without You'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Ronan Farrow Pays Tribute to Brother Thaddeus After His Suicide: 'I Never Knew Anyone Stronger'
- She Said Yes! NFL Pro Larry English and WAGS' Nicole Williams Are Engaged
- Blac Chyna's Mom Warns Rob Kardashian: You're Going to Ruin Your Relationship