Scenes from Barack Obama's Ancestral Home in Kenya
President Obama's paternal family roots are in Kogelo, a rural town in western Kenya. In advance of POTUS's trip to Kenya this month, we're looking at the people and places in the African country who hold significance for the U.S. leader
Credit: Tony Karumba/AFP/Getty
Updated: Thursday Jul 23, 2015 | 04:00 PM EDT By: Diana Pearl
More from PEOPLE
- Shannen Doherty Shares Emotional Wedding Flashback Post on Instagram: 'I Would Walk Any Path With This Man'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Ryan Lochte Says It 'Brings Tears to My Eyes' Knowing His 'Adorable' Grandmother Is Watching Dancing with the Stars
- Courteney Cox Defends Jennifer Aniston Amid Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Men Charged in 'Grisly' Triple Homicide Knew Victims' Daughter as 'Furries,' Friends Say