10:43 AM EDT 11/18/2014
Originally posted 05/09/2013 02:05PM
Her brother Martin Richard, 8, became the face of the Boston Marathon bombings – the littlest victim, mourned by thousands.
Since then, no one has forgotten young Jane Richard, 7, who lost a leg in the blasts. And now, to her family's great relief, she's finally on the path to recovery.
"Last evening, just 23 days after the bombing attack on Boston, our daughter Jane underwent her eleventh surgery," her parents Bill and Denise Richard said in a lengthy update Thursday.
Originally posted 05/09/2013 11:05AM
The body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried in an undisclosed location outside the city of Worcester, where it had been held for a week at a funeral home, police said Thursday.
"As a result of our public appeal for help, a courageous and compassionate individual came forward to provide the assistance needed to properly bury the deceased," Worcester police said in a statement.
Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst said the body was no longer in Worcester and is now entombed.
Originally posted 05/02/2013 11:30AM
They met under the most dire circumstances – one man desperately in need of the other. But Jeff Bauman and Carlos Arredondo have ended up helping each other in ways neither could have imagined.
The pair were immortalized in the most famous photo from the Boston Marathon bombings. Arredondo, 52, in a cowboy hat, is seen rushing Bauman, 27, to medical care after one of the bombs shattered both of Bauman's legs below the knee.
In the weeks since that awful afternoon, the men have bonded. And in some ways, it is Bauman who is helping Arredondo to heal – from years of mental health problems.
Originally posted 05/01/2013 11:55AM
Three more suspects were taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombing case, including two college friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who came to the U.S. from Kazakhstan, officials said Wednesday.
Originally posted 04/29/2013 10:35AM
Kelly Nash, a TV reporter for Sun Sports Rays, shot an awe-inspiring self-portrait at Boston's Fenway Park on Saturday, when she captured a stray ball just missing her head.
Nash was snapping some photographs of herself while passing time before the Red Sox took on the Astros, she explained to Fox Sports Florida. "My whole family is from Massachusetts, and I knew they would be so excited to see me working at Fenway Park," she said, "and when I went to text them the picture I noticed the baseball by my head!"
Originally posted 04/25/2013 10:55AM
After being misidentified as a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in a closed captioning error, Zooey Deschanel has received a formal apology.
Caption Solutions, the Kansas-based company behind the typo, "deeply" regrets the error and they "sincerely apologize," President Kala J. Patterson said in a statement, first received by the New York Post.
The mistake occurred while the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was being pursued by investigators during a manhunt on April 19.
Originally posted 04/22/2013 02:05PM
The U.S. Attorney General says the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has been charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction against persons and property resulting in death.
In a statement Monday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder detailed the charge against 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
The charge carries a possible death sentence.
Tsarnaev made his initial court appearance in his room in Beth Israel hospital. He is listed in serious but stable condition.
Originally posted 04/22/2013 11:25AM
With a name like Zooey Deschanel, chances are the actress has suffered her fair share of mix-ups and mispronunciations – but nothing like quite like this.
While the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was being pursued by investigators during a manhunt on Friday, Dallas-Fort Worth's Fox 4 had a closed caption fail for the record books.
As a news anchor read aloud the name of 19-year-old suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, closed captioning on screen read, "He is 19-year-old Zooey Deschanel."
Originally posted 04/21/2013 12:00PM
Two days after alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured following an extensive manhunt, the suspect remains in serious but stable condition at a Boston hospital.
Unable to speak after sustaining injuries to the throat, according to sources, the 19-year-old suspect is "intubated and sedated," CNN reports.
"I, and I think all of the law enforcement professionals, are hoping for a host of reasons that the suspect survives, because we have a million questions, and those questions need to be answered," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick told reporters on Saturday.
Originally posted 04/19/2013 01:45PM
In an unprecedented closure of a major American city, police locked down Watertown, Mass., Friday in a hunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the second suspect in Monday's horrific Boston Marathon bombing.
Top 10 News Categories
The most buzzed about stars this minute!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
More On PEOPLE.com
Got a News Tip?
Send it to our People.com editors!