04:16 PM EDT 02/04/2014
Originally posted 03/12/2011 09:20AM
John Stamos is flattered that fans think he could replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, but don't expect to see the former ER star on the CBS comedy any time soon.
"It's really not part of my career plan right now," he told Ryan Seacrest Friday. "I'm just on a different trajectory."
After Charlie Sheen was fired from the hit TV show, rumors swirled that stars such as Stamos and Rob Lowe might be up for filling the void. Still, Stamos isn't sure that he's the right guy for the job.
Originally posted 03/09/2011 02:45PM
Charlie Sheen, casting director?
The troubled actor and recently deposed star of Two and a Half Men, 45, has told his ongoing radio confessor Dan Patrick, amid excoriating broadcast interviewers for what he considers their judgmental tone, that he really likes John Stamos and Rob Lowe as possible replacements on the CBS sitcom.
"I think they're both fabulous," said Sheen, "and my apologies to John. I was rude to him earlier, John Stamos. That was unnecessary." Last week, when news surfaced that Stamos, 47, may be hired as a successor to Sheen on the show, Sheen called the move a "tragic joke."
"And Rob's an old friend and a brilliant actor. And he's a beautiful man," Sheen continued. "What I would advise them to do, though, is just make it their own. Don't, don't, don't think about anything that I've done brilliantly on the show for 177,000 episodes … but I would just tell them, make it your own."
Originally posted 03/09/2011 08:30AM
Charlie Sheen may be one of a kind, but is he irreplaceable?
When Monday's news broke that the actor, 45, had officially been given the boot from Two and a Half Men, fans of the hit CBS show questioned whether the show would go on – and if so, with which new star?
Producers are reportedly discussing current Parks and Recreation star Rob Lowe. John Stamos's name also has come up recently. (Both of whom Sheen said he's fine with replacing him on Dan Patrick's radio show Wednesday morning.) Or what about Steve Carell, whose run on The Office is nearly up?
Vote below on who you think would be the best new addition to Two and a Half Men:
Originally posted 10/08/2010 05:15PM
Don't mess with Uncle Jesse.
The Michigan couple who attempted to extort $680,000 from former Full House actor John Stamos learned the hard way. Allison Coss and Scott Sippola, who were convicted in July of conspiracy and using email to threaten a person's reputation, each received four-year prison terms on Friday.
"The defendants' strategy consisted of lying and inventing stories at trial in a bid to confuse and incite the jury," Stamos, 47, said in a statement read in court (he wasn't present). "I was forced to watch [Coss] slander me at trial with impunity while the press reported their fabricated allegations."
Originally posted 07/16/2010 09:30AM
He had his day in court, and now John Stamos is criticizing the liars that conspired to extort $860,000 from him on the Internet.
"I am shocked and perplexed how individuals could fabricate so many false stories in an effort to defend a crime," Stamos said in a statement via his Twitter account Friday. "I agreed to be a witness for a federal criminal prosecution and endured countless false accusations about my behavior and appropriateness. The allegations made regarding an inappropriate relationship are completely untrue. These slanderous allegations to smear my reputation were part of their defense to redirect attention away from the federal crime of extortion."
Originally posted 07/15/2010 06:10PM
John Stamos won his legal battle Thursday when a jury convicted a Michigan couple of conspiring to extort $680,000 from him.
Allison Coss and Scott Sippola allegedly told Stamos, 46, they had photos of him with cocaine and strippers and would sell them to the tabloids. Federal prosecutors said they never had the compromising pictures.
The couple were convicted of conspiracy and using e-mail to threaten a person's reputation. The charge carries a sentence of up to five years in prison.
Originally posted 07/13/2010 12:35PM
An attorney for John Stamos on Monday denied that the actor had a romantic fling with a 17-year-old in 2004 – as the woman, now 24, stood trial in Michigan for allegedly trying to extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from the actor.
During opening arguments, Allison Coss's lawyer claimed that Coss and Stamos, now 46, had romantic encounter when Coss was a high school student on spring break in Florida in 2004, the Associated Press reports.
Stamos attorney William Sobel later said in a statement that "the allegations made today in the courtroom by the defendant's attorneys during opening statements will not be proven because they are simply untrue."
Originally posted 06/08/2010 01:00AM
John Stamos may be going Gleek!
Stamos, known for his role as Full House heartthrob Uncle Jesse, is negotiating a deal to appear in a recurring role on FOX’s musical hit comedy Glee next season, reports EW.com.
The show's season finale, airing Tuesday, may provide clues about the character Stamos could play, when a certain mysophobic guidance counselor mentions she’s been dating her dentist. That, of course, is Emma (Jayma Mays), the one who got away from doting glee club director Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison).
Originally posted 12/20/2009 10:00AM
In an industry where privacy is hard to come by, celebrities prefer to keep their dirty laundry behind closed doors. But a recent string of extortion plots against Hollywood players has them coming out swinging – no matter the risks of humiliation or hardship.
Larry Stein, an attorney who represented actor Rob Lowe and his wife in an alleged extortion plot by their former nannies, says, in fact, more celebrities are willing to face down their blackmailers.
"Celebrities have to let people know that they’re not going to be extorted, or that they’re not going to be threatened," Stein says. "It’s important to distance yourselves from these people and tell them you’re not going to be bullied by them … People are prepared to stand up to it now."
Originally posted 12/08/2009 01:10PM
Full House star John Stamos confirmed Tuesday that he was allegedly blackmailed for $680,000 by an a man and a woman threatening to sell to the tabloids pictures that the actor claims are merely photos of him "posing with fans."
The alleged extortionists were arrested last week in an FBI sting operation after they met with an undercover agent posing as a Stamos representative for a money drop in a Michigan airport, authorities say.
A raid on the home of Allison Coss, 23, and Scott Sippola, 30, of Marquette, Mich., turned up three photos of Stamos, a piece of paper with Stamos's personal cell phone number on it, and a list of three tabloid magazines with contact numbers for each, according to the FBI.
Top 10 News Categories
The most buzzed about stars this minute!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
More On PEOPLE.com
Got a News Tip?
Send it to our People.com editors!