11:46 AM EDT 04/17/2014

Add PEOPLE News

John Travolta

Credit: Tony DiMaio/Startraks, JB Lacroix/WireImage
Second John Travolta Accuser Hires Gloria Allred | John Travolta

John Travolta Lawsuit: Second Accuser Hires Gloria Allred

Originally posted 05/17/2012 02:10PM

John Doe Number Two, the second man to accuse John Travolta of sexual battery, withdrew his claim on Thursday, court records show, but he will now pursue the case with Gloria Allred.

"We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice," Allred said in a statement Thursday. "We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case."

Does Number One and Two had both filed $2 million lawsuits against the actor earlier this month, alleging sexual misconduct in two separate incidents in January. But both cases have since been withdrawn.

John Doe Number One is also currently represented by attorney Gloria Allred, but it remains to be seen whether Allred will file a new lawsuit against Travolta.

Read More

Credit: Tony DiMaio/Startraks, JB Lacroix/WireImage
First John Travolta Accuser Hires Gloria Allred | John Travolta

John Travolta Accuser No. 1 Hires Gloria Allred

Originally posted 05/16/2012 11:25AM

John Doe Number One, whose accusations of misconduct against John Travolta seemed to unravel last week, has a new lawyer.

"I represent John Doe Number One," famed civil rights attorney Gloria Allred confirmed to PEOPLE. "Mr. Doe's lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means that he is still legally entitled to file another lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses. We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take. Our client and our firm has no further comment at this time."

Allred has a long history of taking on sexual misconduct cases against A-list celebs, including allegations against Tiger Woods and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among others.

Read More

Credit: Tony DiMaio/Startraks
John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit | John Travolta

John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit

Originally posted 05/15/2012 01:35PM

John Travolta has one less accuser to worry about.

The masseur known only as John Doe Number One, whose claims of sexual assault during a massage session set off a firestorm for the actor, has dropped out of the lawsuit amid mounting evidence apparently contradicting his allegations.

"Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways," his lawyer Okorie Okorocha tells PEOPLE.

The notice of dismissal was filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

Read More

Credit: Polaris
Lawyer for Second John Travolta Accuser Promises 'One Hell of a Fight' | John Travolta

John Travolta Will Face 'Hell of a Fight' from Second Accuser, Lawyer Says

Originally posted 05/14/2012 01:45PM

As the sexual assault case of John Travolta's first accuser appears to have all but crumbled, the focus has shifted to allegations made by John Doe #2 – and his attorney is gearing up for a no-holds-barred trial.

But he wants it carried out entirely in private.

"I want a full trial with a private judge," Okorie Okorocha tells PEOPLE, shooting down a report that he's in talks to enter mediation with Travolta's attorneys. "There is no mediation. There'll never be a settlement. I want privacy for sex crime victims."

"It looks like [Travolta's attorney Marty Singer] wants one hell of a fight, and that is what he'll get from me," Okorocha adds.

Read More

Credit: Polaris
John Travolta's First Accuser Parts Ways with Attorney | John Travolta

John Travolta's First Accuser Parts Ways with Attorney

Originally posted 05/11/2012 04:45PM

John Doe No. 1, the first anonymous masseur to make sexual allegations against John Travolta, is getting a new attorney but remains on the lawsuit for now.

Lawyer Okorie Okorocha tells PEOPLE his client, whose claims appeared to be contradicted by photos, a restaurant receipt, airline records and other evidence, "is getting new representation."

A second masseur is still being represented by Okorocha, and the lawsuit continues to list both men as plaintiffs, though it could be amended at any time.

Read More

Advertisement
Credit: Polaris
John Travolta Lawsuit: Flight History May Contradict Accuser's Claim | John Travolta

John Travolta Lawsuit: Flight History May Contradict Accuser's Claim

Originally posted 05/10/2012 12:10PM

A masseur's sexual-assault claim against John Travolta appears to be unraveling even further, as flight records suggest the actor was not in Los Angeles on the morning of the alleged incident.

TMZ.com has posted flight records and documents apparently showing that Travolta, 58, arrived in New York from L.A. in the early hours of Jan. 16. The site has also posted photos of the actor during a wardrobe fitting later that day in New York's Greenwich Hotel. According to the lawsuit, the alleged incident occurred at 10 a.m. in Beverly Hills. (The flight can't be independently verified through public flight-tracking services because his plane's flight records are blocked.)

Travolta's attorney previously provided PEOPLE a photograph and a Mr. Chow restaurant receipt as proof his client was in New York that day.

Read More

Credit: Tony DiMaio/Startraks
More John Travolta Accusers May Come Forward, Says Laywer | John Travolta

John Travolta: More Accusers May Come Forward, Says Lawyer

Originally posted 05/09/2012 03:05PM

How many John Does are there?

As evidence arises that may contradict one victim's claims, other men have reached out to a lawyer who filed a lawsuit accusing the actor of sexual battery and harassment, the attorney tells PEOPLE.

"There's a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations," says plaintiff lawyer Okorie Okorocha. "Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon."

Read More

Credit: Juan Rico//Fame
Another Masseur Joins Lawsuit Against John Travolta

John Travolta Lawsuit: Second Masseur Comes Forward

Originally posted 05/08/2012 05:40PM

A second masseur with allegations of sexual battery and harassment has been added to the lawsuit against John Travolta that was filed on Friday in California.

The second plaintiff, also represented by Pasadena, Calif., attorney Okorie Okorocha, has remained anonymous, and accuses Travolta, 58, of improper behavior during a massage session at an Atlanta-area resort, according to papers obtained and posted online by Radar.

In response to the new filing, Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, told PEOPLE in a statement, "This second 'anonymous' claim is just as absurd and ridiculous as the first one. The attorney who filed the lawsuit on behalf of his second anonymous client, who does not want to disclose his name although he is required to do so, was notified that his first client's claims were totally false and fabricated, since our client was not in L.A. when anonymous 'Doe #1' claims he interacted with John Travolta."

Read More

Filed Under: John Travolta
Credit: Juan Rico//Fame
John Travolta Denounces Sexual Battery Lawsuit as 'Fiction'

UpdatePosted 05/07/2012 09:50PM

John Travolta Denounces Sexual Battery Lawsuit as 'Fiction'

Originally posted 05/07/2012 06:30PM

John Travolta is the subject of a $2 million lawsuit by an anonymous plaintiff who claims that the actor assaulted and sexually harassed him after he was hired to massage the actor.

A rep for Travolta strongly denies all the claims and says the actor intends to countersue the masseur, identified as John Doe in his court filing, and his attorney for malicious prosecution.

The 14-page suit, filed Friday in California's U.S. District Court, charges Travolta, 58, with assault, sexual battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

According to the complaint, Travolta exposed himself and groped the masseur despite the masseur's protests, among other salacious activities, in Los Angeles in January 2012.

"This lawsuit is a complete fiction and fabrication," Travolta's rep tells PEOPLE in a statement. "None of the events claimed in the suit ever occurred. The plaintiff, who refuses to give their name, knows that the suit is a baseless lie. It is for that reason that the plaintiff hasn't been identified with a name even though it is required to do so."

Read More

Credit: AKM-GSI
Barbra Streisand Celebrates 70th Birthday with John Travolta & Celeb Pals | Barbra Streisand

Barbra Streisand Celebrates 70th Birthday with John Travolta & Celeb Pals

Originally posted 04/26/2012 10:45AM

Barbra Streisand enjoyed a 70th birthday party to remember in Malibu, Calif., on Tuesday night, celebrating with close friends and enjoying a performance by her favorite singer, Johnny Mathis.

The legendary actress and singer was joined at Taverna Tony by about 80 guests, including John Travolta, Warren Beatty, Pierce Brosnan and Keely Smith, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, her stepson Josh Brolin and Diane Lane, Kenny G and Donna Karan.

The group dined on traditional Greek food, including hummus dip, Greek peasant salad, homemade veal sausages, chicken breast souvlaki and roast baby lamb.

"It was an intimate magical event with only very close friends, people I've known and loved more than 20 years," Streisand tells PEOPLE. "The highlight of the evening was my son's film that he made for me. People kept asking, 'Who is that singing?' And when I said it was Jason, everyone was blown away by the beauty and soulfulness of his voice. Quincy Jones wanted to sign him on the spot."

Read More

From Our Partners



Sign up for our daily newsletter and other special offers.
    Choose your newsletters
Thank you for signing up! Your request may take up to one week to be processed.
    see all newsletters