01:17 PM EDT 07/06/2014

Add PEOPLE News

Kiefer Sutherland

Credit: Russ Einhorn/Splash News Online
24 Shooting Halts for Kiefer's Minor Surgery

TV News

24 Shooting Halts for Kiefer Sutherland's Minor Surgery

Originally posted 02/15/2010 10:50AM

Kiefer Sutherland is having elective surgery to deal with a ruptured cyst near one of his kidneys, temporarily stopping production on his hit Fox show 24.

The medical problem is not considered serious, and the disruption to 24 is expected to be brief.

"We are temporarily suspending production of 24 while our friend and colleague Kiefer Sutherland undergoes a medical procedure," the network says in a statement. "We hope to resume production shortly and do not anticipate any disruption in the broadcast of this season's episodes."

Read More

Credit: WENN
Kiefer Sutherland Gets Bum Steer – and Loses $896,000 | Kiefer Sutherland

Kiefer Sutherland Gets Bum Steer – and Loses $896,000

Originally posted 01/26/2010 05:10PM

Kiefer Sutherland invested $869,000 in cattle a few years ago – but it turns out the deal was a bunch of bull.

The 24 star is one of several victims of Michael Wayne Carr, a competitive steer-roping promoter and cattle manager, who allegedly bilked investors of hundreds of thousands of dollars, the San Joaquin County, Calif., District Attorney's office contends.

Sutherland was told by a financial advisor that Carr would buy cattle from Mexico and resell them at a huge profit in the U.S. The actor never personally met Carr, who has no prior criminal record. The DA's office says there's no evidence the purchase ever took place. A New Mexico couple who lost $177,000 was also duped with the same story, and a Colorado man lost cattle that was entrusted to Carr, who allegedly sold them, according to prosecutors.

Read More

Credit: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
Kiefer Sutherland: I'm Not Back with My Ex-Wife | Kiefer Sutherland

Kiefer Sutherland: I'm Not Back with My Ex-Wife

Originally posted 11/13/2009 05:00PM

Kiefer Sutherland is shooting down tabloid and Internet reports that he's rekindled his relationship with ex-wife, model Kelly Winn.

Read More

Filed Under: Kiefer Sutherland
Credit: WENN
Kiefer Sutherland All Clear in Headbutting Case | Kiefer Sutherland

Kiefer Sutherland All Clear in Headbutting Case

Originally posted 07/21/2009 07:10PM

For Kiefer Sutherland, it's case closed on both coasts, no ifs, ands or headbutts.

"We declined to prosecute after a full investigation," Manhattan District Attorney spokeswoman Alicia Maxey Greene tells PEOPLE of the highly publicized alleged cranial collision with a New York fashion designer in May. "That included speaking to the complaining witness, who was quite uncooperative."

Sutherland, 42, is also off the hook with the L.A. City Attorney's office, which investigated the actor for a possible probation violation. Sutherland is currently serving a five-year probation term following a second DUI conviction in 2007.

Read More

Credit: Jen Lowery/Startraks; Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage
Chris Pine, Kiefer Sutherland Teaming Up

Chris Pine, Kiefer Sutherland Teaming Up

Originally posted 05/28/2009 09:50AM

MTV, in the home stretch of planning for Sunday's 2009 Movie Awards, has announced another group of presenters for the show, including Chris Pine, Kiefer Sutherland and the Sacha Baron Cohen character Brüno.

Also joining the list are Leann Rimes, Ed Helms, Anna Faris, Justin Bartha and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, MTV tells PEOPLE exclusively Thursday. Other stars, announced earlier this month, who will bequeath the Golden Popcorn trophies include Will Ferrell, Cameron Diaz, Vanessa Hudgens, Ryan Reynolds, Denzel Washington, Leighton Meester, Jonah Hill and Lil Wayne.

Read More

Advertisement
Credit: Paul Drinkwater/NBCU
Kiefer Sutherland Assault Charge May Be Dismissed | Kiefer Sutherland

UpdatePosted 05/22/2009 09:10PM

Kiefer Sutherland Assault Charge May Be Dismissed

Originally posted 05/22/2009 08:30PM

Kiefer Sutherland and the alleged victim of a headbutting incident have resolved their differences, clearing the way for an assault charge against the actor to be dismissed.

Sutherland apologized to fashion designer Jack McCollough, who had claimed the 24 star broke his nose in a scuffle at a New York nightclub May 5.

"I am sorry about what happened that night and sincerely regret that Mr. McCollough was injured," Sutherland said in a joint statement released to the Associated Press.

McCollough said in the statement: "I appreciate Mr. Sutherland's statement and wish him well," according to AP.

Read More

Credit: George Pimentel/WireImage
Kiefer Sutherland: 'I've Felt a Lot of Support'

Kiefer Sutherland: 'I've Felt a Lot of Support'

Originally posted 05/13/2009 04:55PM

One thing is for sure: No matter what kind of scrape he gets into, 24 star Kiefer Sutherland has plenty of backup.

"I've felt a lot of support and I'm grateful for that," he told Entertainment Tonight at an event celebrating Fox show's finale, which airs May 18.

Sutherland, 42, was charged with misdemeanor assault in N.Y.C. on May 7 after allegedly getting physical with Proenza Schouler women's wear designer Jack McCollough at a party.

Read More

Filed Under: Kiefer Sutherland
Credit: Paul Drinkwater/NBCU
Attorney: Kiefer Sutherland Did Nothing Wrong | Kiefer Sutherland

Attorney: Kiefer Sutherland Did Nothing Wrong

Originally posted 05/11/2009 12:55PM

After a week of silence, Kiefer Sutherland released a statement from his attorney Monday asserting the actor was not to blame in an alleged assault on a fashion designer.

"We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening," lawyer Michael C. Miller said. "We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident."

The statement added that "out of respect for this law enforcement process," the actor "will not be making any comment."

Read More

Credit: Landov; Flynet
Rep: Kiefer's Alleged Headbutting Victim Has a Broken Nose

Kiefer's Alleged Headbutting Victim Suffered a Broken Nose, Says Rep

Originally posted 05/08/2009 12:35PM

Fashion designer Jack McCollough, who was allegedly headbutted by Kiefer Sutherland this week, required surgery for his injuries, his rep tells PEOPLE.

"Mr. McCollough suffered a broken nose in three places as a result of the assault," his rep told PEOPLE exclusively on Friday, refuting reports that the designer merely got scratches on his nose. "He received medical treatment last night after consulting with physicians."

Meanwhile, a source says that McCollough, who's now sporting bandages on his nose, "had to have his nose reset. It's painful and it felt horrible."

The source adds that McCollough is "also pissed off and annoyed that this all happened. He has a collection to do, and has no time to deal with this."

Read More

Filed Under: Kiefer Sutherland
Credit: Soul Brother/FilmMagic
Kiefer Sutherland Surrenders to Police | Kiefer Sutherland

UpdatePosted 05/07/2009 06:15PM

Kiefer Sutherland Surrenders to Police

Originally posted 05/07/2009 05:45PM

Kiefer Sutherland was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for allegedly headbutting a fashion designer at a New York party.

Wearing a black overcoat and carrying an umbrella, the 24 star, 42, turned himself in at about 4 p.m. at the First Precinct, where he was arrested on the third-degree assault charge.

After he was photographed and fingerprinted, Sutherland walked out of the precinct at about 6 p.m. accompanied by his Los Angeles lawyer, Blair Berk. He didn't answer reporters' questions but waved to the crowd of photographers before getting into a black town car and driving off.

Read More

From Our Partners