Breakfast: Oatmeal-Berry PancakesIngredients:
1½ cups chopped strawberries
1½ cups egg whites
1 cup rolled oats
1¼ tsp. sugar substitute
Heat-stable cooking spray, butter-flavored
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 cup blueberries
1. Beat together the egg whites, strawberries, rolled oats, and sugar substitute until smooth.
2. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet.
3. Ladle ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook until the batter is set around the edges of the pan, then push it toward the center with a spatula. Cook until the batter begins to set in the center.
4. Turn the pancake over or cover the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Slide the pancakes onto plates and top with sour cream. Garnish with blueberries.
Nutrition Facts: 412 calories, 3g of fat, 32g of protein, 464mg of sodium, 67g of carbs, 8g of fiber
Snack 1: Apple-Cinnamon SmoothieIngredients:
1 small apple
6 oz. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. dry oats
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
3-4 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts: 212 calories, less than 1g of fat (.48g), 14g of protein, 40g carbs, 4.5g of dietary fiber