Dinner: Shrimp and Rice Stir-Fry
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1½ cup cooked brown rice
½ tbsp. garlic powder
2 cups broccoli florets
¼ cup slivered scallion
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1. Remove the tails from the shrimp and cut the shrimp into bite-size pieces.
2. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set the shrimp aside.
3. Coat the skillet with cooking spray again and heat the skillet. Add the rice and garlic powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add the broccoli and cook until it is bright green. Add the shrimp, scallions, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Spoon the stir-fried mixture onto plates.
Nutrition Facts: 400 calories, 5g of fat, 44g of protein, 1,190mg sodium, 43 carbs, 6g dietary fiber