Kate Beckinsale usually saves her drama for the big screen – but on Sunday she had her share of it at home.
"Our cat [Clive] caught fire on a candle," the actress laughed on the red carpet at the Screen Actors Guild Awards. "As I was getting ready, there was like 'whoosh' a fireball and he went up like a rocket."
But not to worry, says Beckinsale, who came to the award show with her husband, director Len Wiseman. "[The cat] is fine. He had no idea," she said.
However, the smell of burnt fur in the house was another matter. "It was awful," she told PEOPLE.
– Julie Jordan