So when it comes to making their holiday gifts, they need something that's ready in a flash.
"These chocolate turtles are a lifesaver for a quick and easy gift from the kitchen. You can wrap them individually in little cellophane baggies," Jamie says. "Make them extra personal by tying name tags on them with seasonal ribbon and – Voila! – an impressive homemade gift in no time at all!"
Follow Jamie's lead by getting your kid helpers to assemble the packages – their little hands will be ace at tying the ribbon.
Oh, and a friendly reminder: Try not to eat them all before giving them away!
Chocolate Caramel TurtlesMakes 36 clusters
8 oz. salted pecan halves
1 lb. vanilla caramel candies
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1. Arrange salted pecan halves in groupings of three, two inches apart, on lightly greased baking sheets.
2. Microwave the candies and butter on low, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently until smooth.
3. Spoon 1 tsp. caramel over each cluster; cool 15 minutes.
4. Microwave chocolate morsels on low, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently until smooth.
5. Spoon 1 tsp. melted chocolate over each cluster and smooth with spatula.
6. Chill until set.