40 Years Later: Headline Makers
Then & Now
Who was making news in 1974, the year PEOPLE published its first issue? From Stephen King to Barbara Walters to Hank Aaron, look back at who filled our pages then – and find out what they're doing today
Credit: Rue des Archives/PVDE; Karwai Tang/WireImage
Updated: Friday Oct 03, 2014 | 03:00 PM EDT By: Nancy Mattia
More from PEOPLE
- Princess Kate Braves the Rain in Her Favorite 12-Year-Old Boots!
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- How a Young Campaign Staffer Battling Stage 4 Cancer Helped Hillary Clinton Decide Her VP
- Fashion Week 2016: Every Star from the Front Row to the Runway – in London!
- Padma Lakshmi Eats an Insane Amount of Calories When She's Filming Top Chef