40 Years Later: Headline Makers
Then & Now
Who was making news in 1974, the year PEOPLE published its first issue? From Stephen King to Barbara Walters to Hank Aaron, look back at who filled our pages then – and find out what they're doing today
Credit: Bob Daugherty/AP; Stephen Lovekin/Getty
Updated: Friday Oct 03, 2014 | 03:00 PM EDT By: Nancy Mattia
More from PEOPLE
- The Name Says It All: Make a 'Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- 'Charlotte Loves Her Teddies!' Says Princess Kate – See All the Gifts the Little Royals Have Been Given So Far in Canada
- Shelter Removes Stray Dog's 'Enormous' 3.5 Lb. Tumor, Readies Him for Adoption
- Celebs at Home: Vanessa Hudgens, Sarah Jessica Parker, Olivia Munn and More!